Monday, September 1, 2008

A Thought

I received an ARC (Advanced Readers Copy) of a book from a publisher the other day. I don't remember signing up with this particular publisher, but I am always happy to get free books! The title of this book is "This I Believe II". It is based on a NPR series that comes from Edward R. Murrow spots in the '50's. It is a collection of essays of about 500 words and they are about the way people, well, believe. It is already interesting reading and look for my own essay here soon. Until then...A quote...


Indian philosopher-poet Shantideva:
All the joy the world contains
Has come through wishing happiness for others
All the misery the world contains
Has come from wanting pleasure for oneself.


I'm Just Saying....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find that, in my personal life, this is true.
Nick

Scribbit said...

I received an advance copy of a book a couple months ago and I have to say it was exciting--like getting a special sneak preview of something.