Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Stripped Down

weekend wordsmith

Sometimes
I want to be rid of this uniform of conformity

Sometimes
I want to be naked and bare to the world

Sometimes
I don't want to be Mom and responsible for other people

Sometimes
I don't want to go to work and care about other people's children

Sometimes
I don't want to play nice with the stupid narcissistic people

Sometimes
I just want to be me and do what makes me happy

Stripped down
To music and french fries
Diet Coke and the Beach and a book

Sometimes
I realize those feelings
Make me one of the stupid narcissistic people

And I put my uniform back on

And smile

3 comments:

bobc said...

i really identify with this and it appears we share the same tastes in music . striving for self awareness .

Harris said...

if this were on facebook, I would give it a thumbs up.

harris

Renee' said...

Wow! Raw and totally honest. Love it!