Sunday, August 10, 2008

Gold in the Street

I have this very frequently recurring dream. I am always finding gold in the streets. Not coins, or bars, but lost jewelry. Single earrings, broken chains, charms with no necklaces. I have never been able to figure it out. Obviously I am searching, I once thought it was about money, but I keep finding small things of value people over look because it is broken or lost....


Broken
Lost
Discarded

Always finding the small insignificant things
Alone they are nothing
Together they hold value

Boo-Boo
Tears
Bruises

A story told
A child rescued
Never to be beaten again

Co worker
Compliment
Warmth

A lonely person
A connection made
Life is to be lived after all

Look
Smile
Conversation

Who needs the Internet?
A few words, plans made
A heart begins to unfold

Recognition
Respect
Love

Want it~Need it
Always searching for it
Look inside~it's already there

weekend wordsmith

No comments: