Thursday, July 10, 2008

The power of words

Well, I gonna try again! I could lie and tell you I have been busy or nothing good happened or I had nothing to say, but the truth is I let someone I barely know take the wind out of my "writing sails". A person I had a brief moment with simply said that my writing had changed since I started using some of the prompt sites to jump start my writing. I was horrified! I took that to mean in a bad way and just stopped!!! I never bothered to ask if it was good, bad or indifferent~my totally lack of confidence in my ability took that as a total rejection and I crawled under a rock and licked my wounds (can I manage one more cliche) then I decided to put on my big girl panties (YES I can!!) and go back to it. I will never know what he meant, but I know I have to write so I am going to give it another shot. Some stuff will be real life, some observations, some fiction, but all of it will be me~and that's all I can do.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I'm glad you're back. you do this very well and should continue as long as you wish. i considered myself fortunate when i found that someone of your abilities found my stuff worthwhile. I get a number of nice things said about my writing but consider myself a hack when I compare myself to those with talent like yours. You've been missed.