Thursday, December 20, 2007

Love is silly

I read a great quote today while oohing and aahing over unbelievably cute pictures of puppies.
Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly~Rose Franken
I don't think truer words have ever been spoken. I know the whole "love is patient, love is kind...blah blah. Give me laughing and goofy and spontaneous. A man who will walk in the rain and paint my toenails and ride a roller coaster will come closer to evoking passion than one with roses and poetry..But I still like Jewelry (I am a girl!) This extends to all my relationships, too. People who will joke and carry on when things are good are most likely the ones who will have your back when things are tough. We bond over humor. It carries you from day to day and gives you a reason to face another day...and plot revenge. You know who you are, Mr's dead snake and fake alligator~vengeance will be mine! Car rider line is easier to bear with playful banter over the radios and leadership meetings are much more fun when we can insult each other! If we had stuffy, boring meetings, I wouldn't feel nearly the way I do about the team of awesome people I work with.
My friends and family are the biggest bunch of goofballs I know~that's just the way I like 'em! I have told many stories about my kids and my friends. Sometimes I just see them and smile, knowing I am going to have FUN with these people. Even in bad times, humor is the one constant~
after all "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion" said a wise woman. Now, I am not a maniac crazy person, I have a very serious side. I am professional and I know proper decorum when it is demanded. But I am basically a very happy-and yes, silly-person and it makes my life so much better!

No comments: